23 July 2011

Bookends

I started my trip with a day alone in a largish European city (Munich) with no plans except to relax, recover from jet lag and look around, before MOB would join me and we would head for Sonthofen and the start of Transalp.

I finished the trip with a day alone in another largish European city (Lyon) with no plans except to relax, recover from Sunday's event and look around a bit -- time to kill before a flight out to Frankfurt the next morning and on to Tokyo. 

I would be on the same flight, but 24 hours later than those other remarkable athletes returning back to Tokyo -- the "nadeshiko" Japan national women's football (soccer) team, fresh from their World Championship victory in Frankfurt.  Okay, okay, the use of "other" in that last sentence was a bit over the top.  Still, I had a great trip, and I cannot wait for Paris-Brest-Paris!

No comments: