02 December 2021

Is a Bicycle a Political Symbol ... or Just a Bike?

 

I was amused to see this headline
The conservatives apparently thought that this was just a way to make a political point, to show "environmental cred" ... instead of, say, the only place to store a bicycle out of the way, dry and safe, while inside.

Well, when I do a Zoom meeting at home from my Zoom cave ... my background looks quite similar to his. 


The bike, the bookcase, the photo, everything in view pre-dates the pandemic and the beginning of the Zoom era (though I did get the Gokiso wheels out of storage recently -- when my previous wheel wore out).  This is the only way to store multiple bikes on the first floor of my house (the others are on the floor out of view). It is possible to blur everything so that there is only the outline of a bicycle/wheel visible -- I usually do so. But the Canadian parliament probably has a rule against that too.

No comments: