07 November 2008

Back from Cycle Mode

I just came home from the Cycle Mode exhibition in Makuhari which will still run until Sunday and before I forget I think I pin down some of my observations:
  1. Today I met a lot of famous people: Eddy Merckx. And David Merx, no David Marx actually.
  2. One Italian pro was handing out autographs: Maurizio something. He was not as famous as Eddy or David.
  3. The longest waiting line to testride bikes was in front of the Colnago and the Pinarello booth. This is brand-consciences Japan after all.
  4. To my surprise and joy there was also a line for the Cervelo bikes.
  5. A lot of stuff for fixies was on display.
  6. I checked out for stuff that is a) orange and b) can be useful somehow. I found this Bont.
  7. To my surprise there is an orange version of the Selle SMP saddle. Hm. Shall I?
  8. I liked the orange Vodoo Rada bike. For my son.
  9. I also liked the Cherubim bikes. In particular the Uli Master. Check out the brake positioning.
  10. The new Shimano Dura Ace 7970 Di-2 was on display. That was more impressive than the 11 speed Champagnolo Super Record.
Summary: There was nothing that I would really need. OK, the Selle SMP saddle. And the Bont shoes. and perhaps another bike.

No comments: