10 June 2022

More hydrangeas ... in Chiba

Last night I had an "offsite" meeting (corporate anniversary celebration with some people attending from far away who I had not seen since before the pandemic), for a company I'm involved with. The meeting was at the Akademia Park conference center (run by Hotel Okura) in Kisarazu, Chiba. ... so I took my bike and had a quick after-breakfast spin along the route that Jerome and I had taken in April on our Chiba 400km brevet.  I went as far as the top of the climb near Mother Bokujo, then back to the hotel. Only 26-27kms, but a good climb and lovely descent! And there was that one nasty nasty very short hill that I walked up in April, 20% grade at the steepest point ... that I could spin up with fresh legs and Voyage Voyage's SRAM etap AXS gearing.
















My route there and back:

The hotel and conference center are lovely ... and vastly underutilized assets. It took less than an hour from Minato-ku by car coming and going. But train is much longer. This is an area that will thrive if EVTOL air taxi service ever gets going in Japan!






No comments: