02 June 2022

Pre-rainy Season Spin on the RAMAX

This morning I woke early, as the light streamed in at shortly after 4AM. Tokyo really would do better if it could switch to daylight savings time for summer ... but apparently the elderly connect the idea to the post-WWII occupation, when it was briefly introduced. And salary-men do not like it, as they cannot imagine that they would leave the office before the sun sets. 

Anyway, I took a short spin on the RAMAX to/from and up/down the Tamagawa, home by 940AM to start my work day. Whenever I felt myself exceeding 75% effort, I pulled back. Just 2hr 30min of exercise on the bike. I tried to follow the advice that most of us train too hard most of the time and take it easy. I should do this 3-4 mornings a week.

The RAMAX really is just a bit easier to accelerate, easier to climb out of the saddle on, and just a bit more comfortable, than Voyage Voyage. There really has been a major evolution in Ti frame design with the ability to use "hydroformed" titanium tubing! I love it. 






No comments: