20 February 2008

Jerome Hill

Took half a day off from work today as I will leave for Germany tomorrow. Will attend a trade fair and finally pick up my new frame. So I thought it might be good to do half a day of cycling. I rode to Jerome Hill in one long stretch, gave everything to ride to the top and was completely exhausted when I finally reached the top : 9:13 min. Tom, I am coming, there is only less than a minute gap to your best time. By the way, I also moved the times of David and david to the appropriate positions on this occassion.

Was back at my house after 4:20 hrs and about 110 km and no breaks at all. Nice trip, nice weather. Wish I would have a new bike.

So I will be back in Japan on March 1st (Saturday); perhaps I will be able to do a rather lazy ride on Sunday then.

I also applied today for the 1st Tour du Japon race on March 16th at Kawagoe.

Please think about the team jerseys if you have not answered yet. The reaction so far is not very encouraging.

1 comment:

David Litt said...

I was wondering how long it would take before you would move the Jerome Hill entries back to their rightful place. ... unless you want to create a "down Jerome hill" category. By the way, if you have not tried it, we went back over the other road -- if you go straight from Sakamoto crossing -- and you go just as high or higher than Jerome Hill. Not very high or very steep, but I was expecting it would be significantly lower.