14 February 2008

JEROME & TOM DOING THE DU

Jerome and I participated in the JAPAN CALFMAN DUATHLON (MINAMI KANTO STAGE) last Sunday...5km run/ 30km bike/ 5km run...a first-time experience for me but not so for Jerome who is used to mountain-running, triathlons and other excruciating endurance sports. And yes, Jerome naturally beat me with more than 4 minutes!!

Results Under-50 Category:
Jerome 28th 01:44:32
Tom 35th 01:48:37

For next year, I'll certainly add some running to my training program. Highly recommended this Calfman! You'll love the muscle pain!

2 comments:

David Litt said...

Impressive.

28th/35th out of ...?

the ups and downs of a belgian amateur cyclist in tokyo said...

Let's see...that was out of exactly 70 entrants (including the Under & Over 60 Class). I know, it's not that impressive but still it was a fantastic experience, especially the second 5k run after 30k in the saddle...the leg muscles so confused they refused to listen to any commands from the brain...you become zombie-like!