19 July 2014

More Q36.5 -- Beautiful Base Layer

On my stop at the RGT global import and logistics center, I got an opportunity to see (and touch) the full line of Q36.5 cycling clothes that David Marx is now importing and distributing in Japan.  It drove home to me how extraordinary this entire collection is -- designed by someone who understands precisely the needs of cyclists and the limits of new materials and the latest in high tech machinery for the clothing industry.  I love the bib shorts, jersey and socks I am already using, but had not yet gotten a full explanation from David of the design features and thought that went into the collection.

One perhaps minor example of the great thought Luigi Bergamo has put into these clothes:  No labels! The information that would otherwise be placed on a scratchy label -- which most people would cut out, leaving an uneven seam or potentially damaging the clothes -- is instead woven into the items themselves in an unobtrusive location.

I will get more Q36.5 clothes as they become available in my size for winter or next spring. Each item had something special -- to help achieve ideal movement and temperature control -- with lighter, thinner, more durable material than previously possible.  I cannot wait for cold weather to try the Baselayer 4 with the integrated hood and gloves, or the hybrid "Que" early winter jacket/jersey.

The only piece I brought home with me yesterday was a simple short sleeve L2 baselayer (>15 degrees C).  The material is all synthetic, but it feels luxurious to the touch, and has an incredible degree of stretch, so I felt comfortable that even my barrel chest and non-cyclist physique will be fine in the L/XL size.


Plenty of loft and breathability -- honeycomb knit shown on the upper back

No label needed.  Size L/XL.  Made in Italy.
44% polypropylene, 44% polyamide, 12% elastane.
David M. asked me to mention that Q36.5 Japan's Facebook page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Q365-Japan/225019294362467




No comments: