28 June 2011

Day Two

A successful day all around.

David and Juliane remain in the "C" starting block. MOB and I crept
up from 189 to 187 place.

The Arlsberg was nicer than I remembered and the Beilerhohe was
spectacular (photos to come once fully back online), though hot on the
lower stretches.

I made it up with just a quick stop at Jerome and Rickard Lindqvist's
secret cooling site -- ice cold water from a stream, and another quick
stop to snap a photo and ingest an energy bar. Unlike 2009, I am
actually passing people on the climbs ... and like 2009, I am still
passing others on the descents . (We hit 70-75kph on both descents.)

I felt good all day. Can't wait for tomorrow and then, on Wednesday,
the Stelvio.

--
Sent from my mobile device

2 comments:

scoady said...

Video of David and Juliane leaving the neutralised start at Ischgl,Austrian on the way to Naturns across the border in Italy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDwICy2GzzQ

scoady said...

Video of Michael and David leaving the neutralised start at Ischgl,Austria on the way to Naturns across the border in Italy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oer-0q48iGE