14 August 2009

Sunday ride 7:30AM David L's house

Well, it is Friday night and the weather looks dry and hot for the weekend.
As mentioned previously to some of you, I've invited a Japanese friend (former colleague) and his girlfriend, both bengoshi (lawyers) and younger than me.  They do some triathlons, and this Spring did the Kuruma-zaka Touge hill climb and are riding at Norikura in Nagano next weekend ... so I think we should be a decent match.  I can pull on the flats and they will wait for me at the top of the hills.

We are planning a half-day ride -- similar to what Michael and I did today (otarumi - bijou tani - ura wada). I would really like to get to (and into) a cool stream -- the river on the approach to Yabitsu, or the Akigawa or Doshi or elsewhere, to cool down mid-ride.

I believe we are meeting Michael K. a little after 8AM at Tamagawaharabashi upriver.

No comments: